Atsuro Watabe 渡部篤郎
This actor is very versatile. I found out about him through watching Takeru Satoh’s old dramas. I find that I like his acting in the roles that he has played thus far in the dramas that I’ve seen.
- Name Atsuro Watabe
- Japanese: 渡部篤郎 (わたべ あつろう)
- Birthdate: May 5, 1968
- Birthplace: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Height: 180 cm.
- Blood Type: A
- Family Members: Rikako Murakami (ex-wife divorced 12/2005)
Born in Tokyo, Watabe debuted as an actor on television in 1991 with the drama Seishun no mon. He won awards of excellence in the best actor and new face categories at the 19th Japan Academy Prize in 1996 for the film Shizukana seikatsu, Juzo Itami’s adaptation of his brother-in-law Kenzaburō Ōe’s novel.
- Zebraman (2004) – Oikawa
- Love Exposure (2008) – Tetsu Honda
- Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva (2009) – Jean Descole (voice)
- The Flowers of War (2011) – Colonel Hasegawa
- Keizoku (1999) – Tōru Mayama
- Rookies (2008) – Minoru Yoshida
- Gaiji Keisatsu (2008) – Kenji Sumimoto
- Bitter Blood (2014) – Akimura Shimao
- Shizumanu Taiyō (2016) – Shiro Gyoten
- On (2016) – Iwao Atsuta
- Signal (Fuji TV, 2018)
- Professor Layton and the Last Specter (2009) – Jean Descole
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (2011) – Jean Descole
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (2013) – Desmond Sycamore, Jean Descole