While You Were Sleeping
I don’t really care for Suzy’s acting, she needs to work on it a lot more. However, this drama she was pretty decent, she wasn’t bland at all. Also, this drama is very good. The story telling is awesome. You start to guess what happens more at the end of it though but during you get lots of surprises along the way.
Hong-joo (Bae Suzy) lives with her mother and helps her run a pork restaurant. Hong-joo is haunted by seeing the future deaths of others in her dreams. What’s worse is that she does not know when the deaths will happen, but she tries to stop her dreams from becoming reality.
Meanwhile, Jae-chan (Lee Jong-suk) is a rookie prosecutor. He meets Yoo-bum (Lee Sang-yeob) at the prosecutors’ office. Yoo-bum was Jae-chan’s private tutor when Jae-chan was in his adolescence, but an unfortunate incident caused Jae-chan to dislike him. Yoo-bum was a prosecutor, but he now works as a lawyer. He takes on any case that brings him money.
Jae-chan and his younger brother move to new house and they become neighbors with Hong-joo. One night, Jae-chan dreams that Yoo-bum drives Hong-joo’s car and this leads to a chain of events including the death of Hong-joo’s mother and then Hong-joo. When Jae-chan senses that his dream is about to become real, he takes extreme actions to stop it. Yoo-bum becomes furious at Jae-chan, but Hong-joo hugs him and thanks him. In the aftermath of the incident, Jae-chan and Hong-joo cross paths and work together to solve other cases.
- Lee Jong-suk as Jung Jae-chan
- Nam Da-reum as young Jung Jae-chan
- A 29-year-old rookie prosecutor. Despite appearing cold and lacking a sense of humor, he is still foolish in some aspects. He suddenly developed the same ability as Hong-joo’s, and will do everything he can to prevent their dreams from coming true.
- Bae Suzy as Nam Hong-joo
- Shin Yi-joon as young Nam Hong-joo
- A 29-year-old journalist who has an ability to see unfortunate events before they happen in her dreams.
- Lee Sang-yeob as Lee Yoo-beom
- Yeo Hoe-hyun as young Lee Yoo-beom
- A 34-year-old successful and famous prosecutor turned lawyer who doesn’t hold any attachments. A dirty lawyer, he goes to whatever lengths to achieve an outcome he desires, such as fabricating evidence or manipulating testimonies, even if he knows his clients are truly guilty or innocent.
- Jung Hae-in as Han Woo-tak
- A 29-year-old police officer who has the same ability as Hong-joo and Jae-chan after encountering them in an accident.
- Ko Sung-hee as Shin Hee-min
- A female prosecutor with a charming and friendly appearance, who also has a high rate success at prosecuting criminals.