I was very excited about this movie when I saw the previews but it kind of let me down. Especially the ending. I thought it was going to be very different. It was still good, but like with all Korean movies, they seem like something is missing, like it doesn’t go together smoothly like a movie should. The plot/story line is like a movie but it all feels like it should be a drama. Like it ended to soon. So I have to give it 3 stars at most, maybe 3.5.
- Movie: Memories of the Sword (English title) / Female Warrior: Memory of Sword (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Hyubnyeo, Kalui Kieok
- Hangul: 협녀, 칼의 기억
- Director: Park Heung-Sik
- Writer: Park Heung-Sik, Choi A-Reum
- Producer: Lee Dae-Hee, Kim Hyun-Chul, Jung Geum-Ja, Kim Joo-Kyung
- Cinematographer: Kim Byung-Seo
- Release Date: August 13, 2015
- Runtime: 121 min.
- Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
3 warriors from the Goryo Dynasty lead a riot. Due to the betrayal of Deok-Ki (Lee Byung-Hun), Poong-Chun (Bae Soo-Bin) dies. Deok-Ki then tries to persuade Seol-Rang (Jeon Do-Yeon) to join his side, but she refuses. She then flees with Poong-Chun’s sword and his infant daughter.
18 years later, the female warrior is now blind and she trains the young woman (Kim Go-Eun) to use the sword for revenge. Meanwhile, Deok-Ki is the most powerful man in the country. Soon blood will be shed.